Dark chocolate

The percentage (%) on the package indicates the chocolate’s cocoa content including cocoa butter, what is left is sugar. Thus, a 70% dark chocolate is 70% cocoa matter; the other 30% would be sugar and sometimes flavouring (vanilla, chili, salt, etc.).

There are no dairy products in a dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is vegan by definition.

 

Dark chocolate

The percentage (%) on the package indicates the chocolate’s cocoa content including cocoa butter, what is left is sugar. Thus, a 70% dark chocolate is 70% cocoa matter; the other 30% would be sugar and sometimes flavouring (vanilla, chili, salt, etc.).

There are no dairy products in a dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is vegan by definition.

 

Dark chocolate

The percentage (%) on the package indicates the chocolate’s cocoa content including cocoa butter, what is left is sugar. Thus, a 70% dark chocolate is 70% cocoa matter; the other 30% would be sugar and sometimes flavouring (vanilla, chili, salt, etc.).

There are no dairy products in a dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is vegan by definition.

 

 

Milk chocolate

A milk chocolate is simply dark chocolate with the addition of milk (in fact, milk powder).

Most of the time, chocolate makers tend to use cow’s milk, but some use goat’s milk, sheep or even vegetable “milks”, for example almond, soy or rice.

Commercial milk chocolates are often very sweet; this is rarely the case with bean-to-bar chocolate makers, who usually prefer to create milk chocolates with high cocoa percentages (dark milk), which are relatively less sweet. It is even possible to make sugar free milk chocolates.

 

White chocolate

The often-unloved chocolate, which can be associated with an overdose of the sugary and waxy Easter bunnies from our childhoods, remains very much what we consider a chocolate if produced with artisanship. The basic ingredient in white chocolate is cocoa butter, with an addition of sugar and milk powder.

The classic white chocolate can be flavored with vanilla, but it’s not a necessity. The use of a cocoa butter of a non-deodorized single origin retains the aromatic signature of its origin. The use of alternative milks can also provide sometimes-surprising complexity.

Indulge and discover the true nature of white chocolate!

 

Flavoured chocolates

Flavoured chocolates are chocolates with added ingredients, which give them particular flavours or textures. We include aromatic oils, nuts, spices, fruit in all their forms, cocoa nibs, sea salt or any other ingredients that chocolate makers enjoy marrying with their chocolate. A world of surprises!